Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

Where does my help come from?

So I was praying in the shower the other day, specifically about my financials. God has blessed us so much in the last year and all the sudden it seems like the bottom has dropped out. My restaurant is down in sales, something that we have not experienced since I took over, my job security isn't so secure anymore, we have a baby coming, we have the holidays to fund, on and on and on. Nothing really different then the average Joe. I was praying for God to come back over to the bless me with money side of things and in this God answered my prayer. Right there on the spot in my shower He answered me. Believe what you will, but when I have thoughts that jump into my head during prayer, I choose to believe they were sent. These are the "thoughts"
1. Cry me a river as you are showering with hot running water in your nice home that is located in a country where you are free to do as you please. What a tough life.
2. Jesus was sent to this world and endured unimaginable pain and loss for you!!!! If nothing else ever was to go your way in this blink of a life, that your place in Gods Kingdom is assured should really be enough.
3. Your comfort should be in the Father and not in this world. I want you to give up worry and doubt and know that the Lord your God is with you.

I was a little shocked, to say the least, if I lose my job and my home and my car and my fill in the blank, then what is left? HE is left, the ONE that should be primary ALPHA as it were, He is the One that is should be in the front, not what I have left. So I am still trying to take this in, but I know in my heart that the Lord is with me. No matter where I go or how this life pans out, I choose to praise HIM.

p.s. Job you da man.

No comments:

Post a Comment